If you are a Linksys user who is facing constant problems with the setup then, you should learn the setup steps from this guide. Many users often say the same. Though there is no second thought that the issue of slow internet frequently, irritates a lot.
Basic Conditions of Linksys Setup
The basic work of the extender is to transfer the range to the router which further equally divides the signals to the whole area
The Linksys extender and active internet of the router are necessary for the network setup. Without them, you can’t do the Linksys WiFi Extender RE7000 or any other extender model setup. You need an ethernet wire or USB additionally to connect the extender, to the PC.
Connect the extender to a power outlet in between the range of your router or access point.
You need to do some of these things before starting the Linksys RE7000 setup or other Linksys extender model setup.
- You may need an extension cord. If you have multiple extenders then the condition applies that you can’t install it into the other outlet and different room.
- Turn on the power on each and every device like the router or the extender.
- Power cycle the extender and the router both. Wait for the lights to turn back on again.
- Turn the power source On and wait for 30 seconds to make a connection to the devices.
- If you are in connection then, check if the device is getting enough power.
- Check if the router and extender are in proper connection with the socket.
- On the front of the extender, there should be a constant blinking light. Trying to plug them directly into the separate outlet.
- But check if the electrical socket is plugged well near.
- Stop all the devices for some seconds to regain the connection.
- Plug back everything if you find difficulties in making changes to the devices. Put everything back again.
- It can fix all the issues regarding the connection at your home and office.
- Verify if the device is in support of the 5GHz WiFi network or not. If the compatibility of the device is not enabled to attach the 5GHz network. Enable the “ 5Ghz band ”option on your Android device like a mobile phone or laptop. Use the 5GHz band of Linksys WiFi Extender RE7000 Network.
Note: Now check if the Linksys extender login screen directions help you in the Linksys configuration approach.
- Many connections could be running at the same time. The extender of Linksys supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks to get the most out of the internet connection. It might be necessary if you have a large number of devices that need to be connected to the network at once. Although, if it feels like your router has a hard time handling all of the business from multiple devices, this is one way to fix it!
- If you’re having trouble with your WiFi. Most of the routers only support 2.4 GHz networks for connecting the signals. This is fine if there is not much bandwidth using the 5GHz and 2.4 GHz available connections as well (which probably are), but not so good if they need access to 5GHz connections rather as there is not much bandwidth available for everyone who wants it at first.
- The Extender of Linksys gives you access to both if you have not configured the device. Linksys WiFi Extender RE7000 gives you access to both bands without demanding any complicated configuration changes on behalf of yourself or those around you who may otherwise have trouble managing their own device settings correctly!
If you find any problem connecting the networks try to change your wireless channels. Though many channels get distracted by the crowd. To change your wireless channel:
- Primarily tap on the channels from the top of the screen from the down menu after that, tap on the screen settings.
- After that, select the WiFi channels from the Network and Internet, from the Menu icon. Therefore, just tap on the advanced settings on the extent of the channels which is usually known as the WiFi channels.
- Thereafter, choose the other devices as well. Which has not been used earlier. On some different floor or room. Choose one of the channels listed under the “Channels width”.
- Additionally, select some different channels which are not used earlier by any other device, or not used by another gadget in your area (e.g., if another device is on a different there will be one channel listed in the channel extents in the bottom room of the channel.