With the help of the Netgear EX6120 extender, you can easily extend the range of the WiFi signals. You can enjoy a fast, reliable, and strong internet connection without any interruption in all the areas of your house and office. Are you interested in extending the range of router WiFi signals? If yes, then read the below description.
Netgear EX6120 Features
- It supports the dual frequency band 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands.
- Both bands provide a total 1200 Mbps speed.
- Quickly compatible with any existing router.
- You can connect several WiFi gadgets to the Netgear extender network at one time.
- It supports the WPS button, which is helpful to you for the setup.
- It contains two antennas on both the Netgear extender sides, which provide WiFi signals in all directions.
Visit EX6120 Extender Login Page
To access the EX6120 extender login page you will need to consider the below steps.
- Place the EX6120 extender device power plug into the power socket.
- After that, wait for a while to see the power LED start blinking solid.
- Next, take the computer and connect it to the extender network.
- Now, open Chrome on a connected WiFi gadget and enter the default web portal mywifiext.net in the address icon. Hit on the enter button.
- Further, fill in the details shown on your display page,
- Identify the login details from the manual booklet which comes with the Netgear EX6120 extender device.
Start-up EX6120 Extender Configuration Process
There are two ways, by which you can easily do the configuration process of the Netgear RE6120 extender
Via Web Netgear Extender Installation
- Initially, place the Netgear EX6120 extender device power plug in a power socket and link the Wi-Fi-containing gadget to the Netgear extender network.
- Following this, open up the Browser or navigation and enter mywifiext.net default web portal in the HTML icon.
- Now, the Netgear extender login page will pop up on your display.
- Next, fill in or insert the default username and security password.
- Further, tap on New Extender setup and pick the WiFi network that you want to extend.
- In the end, tap on the connect button to see the “Netgear Extender Installed’ message on your display.
Hence, with the help of the Netgear extender default web portal mywifiext.net setup process is done now. If unable to do this, try another method.
WiFi Protected Setup Way
- First, in the vacant electrical power socket settle the Netgear extender power plug.
- After that, wait to see the power LED on the extender.
- Next, push the extender WPS button and the router WPS button.
- Further doing this, the WPS LED starts to blink solid on the extender and router gadget.
- Hence, the solid WPS LED defines the extender and router successfully linked with each other.
Necessary Points For Setup
- Make sure the distance between the extender, router, and the WiFi-containing device should be minimal.
- Settle your extender device at the central or halfway location of your house, to enjoy better coverage of the WiFi signal.
- Don’t locate your extender and router near the metal or electronic appliances.
- From the manual booklet get the default web portal or IP address and login details.
- The extender must be within the range of the router and a connected device.
Solve Netgear Extender Issues
Settle Extender Closer To Router
We recommend you place your extender device closer to the router if you are facing an issue with your extender because most of the time due to the maximum gap you can face issues. 10 to 15 feet distance is ok between the extender and router, not more than that.
Improve Netgear Extender Software
- To improve the Netgear extender software, you will need to visit the extender web management page.
- After that, find an administration option and tap on the software upgrade file.
- Now, if you see any latest software file then install it on your laptop or on your computer.
- After installing, you will need to restart your extender device to finish this software upgrade process.
Remove Extra WiFi Containing Gadgets
After trying the above two methods if the issue is not resolved then you will need to remove the WiFi-containing gadgets that are not in use but it still connects to the Netgear extender network.
Power On/Off Netgear Extender Device
- First, turn off and then take out the Netgear EX6120 extender device from the power socket.
- Next, wait for a while and turn back on your Netgear extender device.
- In the end, put the power plug of the Netgear extender back in the power socket.
Reset Netgear EX6120 Extender
At the back of the Netgear EX6120 extender, you can see the reset button, push the button for 10 seconds. By doing this, all the Netgear extender device LEDs will turn off. As it means, the extender is reset.
Note: Do the Netgear EX6120 setup process again, after reset. Hence, with the assistance of this page, you will be able to do the Netgear EX6120 login and setup process. If you are having another Netgear extender model number in your house such as Netgear EX7000 and you are looking for the configuration process but are unable to pick the right one then simply go to the Netgear EX7000 setup page and follow all the descriptions shown on the display page.